There are a lot of things that are needed in order to make any boat legal, functional, and safe on the water.
- Boat licensing in Canada is done on the federal level. Pleasure craft that are under 10 hp (aggregate) power are not required to be licensed. Licensure is free and valid for 10 years.
An operator’s certificate is required all operators of pleasure craft fitted with any type of motor and which is used for recreational purposes. Proof of competency is required to be carried on board.
Required Equipment For The Marsh
- One life jacket/person, reboarding device, buoyant heaving line, bailer, sounding device, navigation lights between sunset and sunrise, and a magnetic compass (kept in a dedicated waterproof metal 50 cal. ammo box).
- Bow line
- 50 ft. coil of lightweight polyester rope
- Roll of cordage
- Quick detachable mounts
- Waterproof seats (prefer fold down)
- Swivel mounts
- Hull side mounts
- Dog vest
- Flat collar with tag lead
- Kling first aid tape